The Policy Committee consists of three Board of Education Members, appointed at the reorganization meeting in July of each year. The policy committee reviews district policies and recommends changes to current policies, addition of new policies and deletion of outdated policies based on changes in law and recommendations from Erie 1 BOCES. When the need for a new or revised policy is recognized, the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources works with appropriate staff to develop a draft policy. The committee then presents the proposed policy item to the Board for discussion and proposed action. Policy is defined as principles adopted by resolution of the Board of Education to guide the development and implementation of educational programs and/or for management of the school district.
2022-23 Policy Committee Board Members: President Carbone, Vice President Harradine, Board Member Robertson. (Alternate: Board Member Howlett)
The subcommittee will meet on the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 20 at 4:45 p.m. in the District Office Board Room.
- Tuesday, October 18 at 4:00 p.m. in the Hill Library.
- Tuesday, November 15 at 4:45 p.m. in the District Office Board Room.
- Tuesday, December 20 at 4:45 p.m. in the Hill Library.
- Tuesday, March 28 at 4:45 p.m. in the District Office Board Room.
- Tuesday, May 16 at 5:45 p.m. in the District Office Board Room.
- Tuesday, June 20 at 4:45 p.m. at Hill School.