Important information regarding meals for the 2023-24 school year.
We are incredibly happy to announce that, during the 2023-24 school year, Brockport Central School District will offer free meals (both breakfast and lunch) to all students through a federal program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). Meals are nutritious and delicious, so consider having your child eat breakfast and lunch with us.
In order to continue this wonderful program for our entire District, it is extremely important that families who meet the income eligibility guidelines complete the Household Income Eligibility Form.
In addition to free meal programs, completing this form provides the following benefits:
BENEFITS TO YOUR FAMILY (you may qualify for discounts on):
- Internet services
- Amazon Prime
- State and federal programs such as P-EBT or Summer P-EBT
- Advanced Placement, SAT and ACT exams
- College admissions, college coursework (reduced or free college tuition through BHS dual credit courses)
- Instrument rental, outside of the district
BENEFITS TO YOUR SCHOOL:
- Provides increased government funding (low or no-cost programs have included: Girls on the Run, Robotics, eSports, some Community School programming and AVID)
- Supports funding for computers and technology
- Provides equipment grants to improve meal quality
Please return completed applications to:
- Mail to: Brockport CSD Food Service 40 Allen St. Brockport, NY 14420
- Fax: (585) 637-1849
- Email: FoodService@bcs1.org
We look forward to providing free breakfast and lunch for all students. There will continue to be snacks and a la carte items available for a fee. Please contact Food Service Director Stacey Snyder at (585) 637-1846 or FoodService@bcs1.org with any questions.
Brockport Central School District believes one of the most important ways we can help our children perform better in their classrooms is to provide them with the nutrition necessary for the healthy growth of their minds and bodies. Good nutrition is critical to student achievement. A well-nourished student will generally have better attendance, be more attentive and have more energy to take on the day's activities. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school meals! The School Nutrition Program provides tasty, nutritious and reasonably priced breakfasts and lunches for both students and staff.
If your family has a need or questions , please contact the School Food Service Office at (585) 637-1846 between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
School meals offer students low-fat milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins, whole grains and must meet strict limits on portion size, calories, sodium and saturated fat. We are always working to offer Brockport students healthier and better-tasting options.
School lunches meet federal standards requiring:
- age-appropriate calorie limits
- larger servings of fruits and vegetables have many fresh options too.
- a wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- more whole grains and less sodium
Students MUST take at least ONE fruit or vegetable serving as part of their breakfast and lunch tray.