- Brockport High School
- What's New
Class of 2023 Updates
Update As Of April 19, 2023:
- Graduation Ceremony: The Commencement Ceremony will be held at the SERC (SUNY Brockport) on Saturday, June 24 at 9:00 am. Doors open at 8:00 am for graduates, families and guests. All seniors must arrive at the SERC by 7:30 am.
- Graduation Rehearsal: Rehearsal for Graduation will be held at the SERC on Thursday, June 22 from 11-12:30 pm. Busing will be provided, and all students need to report to the Brockport High School pool doors by 10 am. Buses will be departing BHS by 10:30 am and are expected to return by 1 pm. Private transportation is not permitted to or from rehearsal, and students will need to use Brockport busing.
- Due to Regents Exams, students MUST park in the teachers' lot on the east side of the building, near the baseball field, or in the lot next to the tennis courts. At rehearsal, students will need to find their designated reader. Students will receive their seating assignment for graduation, and there will be a walk-through of the processional and recessional.
- Graduation Tickets: Tickets are not needed to attend.
- Cap and Gown: Seniors are responsible for obtaining their cap and gown by attending the scheduled distribution at Brockport High School on June 9. After handing out caps and gowns, Seniors will be participating in the graduation walk across the Brockport Central School District campus. This is such a great event as they will be greeted by younger students, past teachers, and community members with a walk down memory lane!
- Graduation Dress Code: While you are not required to wear a suit, we suggest that men wear dress shoes, dress pants, shirts, and ties and women wear either a dress or slacks/skirt and a blouse. The only article of clothing that will be permitted to have appropriate decorations will be the cap.
- Graduation Pictures: Photos from the graduation will be available at an online gallery following graduation. More information to come on how to access the online gallery following the graduation ceremony.
- Diplomas: When you walk across the stage you will receive your diploma jacket. More details will be shared with your student regarding diploma distribution in the staging area following the graduation ceremony.
- Parking: Any of the available lots near the SERC.
- Flowers: The Class of 2024 will be selling flowers for seniors at graduation. Please email one of the Class of 2024 Advisors, Matthew Schirmer (email@example.com) or Katie Contrera (Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions.
- Live Streaming: We are currently working out the logistics of streaming the ceremony for our guests that may not be able to attend in person. More information on live streaming will be shared as details are finalized.
Update As Of March 29, 2023:
- Cash or checks made out to "BHS Class of 2023" are acceptable. Checks will be accepted up until April 21st. After that, only cash will be accepted for payment for Prom tickets.
- Checks made out to "BHS Class of 2023" will be accepted up to the due date, April 14th.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines:
- Yard Signs: signups are due Friday, February 10th. Each sign is $15. Link was sent with the original letter in November, but please sign up ASAP if you have not done so already. We will place our order that Friday, and communicate to parents for payment.
- Please use this link to pre-order your yard sign: https://forms.office.com/r/pZhBNeiuvC
- Apparel Order #2: Second chance to get senior apparel for students and family members! Money and orders due to the High School by Friday, February 10th. T-shirts, crewnecks, and hoodies are available for purchase. Please see the attached order form for more information.
- Cap & Gown: Please order the cap & gown from Jostens ASAP. The basic package contains a cap, basic tassel, and gown for $34. A unique "keepsake" tassel can be purchased separately for an additional $14 but is not necessary as you will receive a tassel regardless. You can choose "No Thanks" to add a keepsake tassel when you order, and still receive the basic tassel with your purchase
- Please use this link to take you directly to purchase your cap & gown Brockport High School Brockport, NY - Cap & Gown Unit - Jostens
- Senior Trip Update: Monday, June 12th 2023 to Aerial Adventures at Bristol Mountain and a group dinner at Bella Pasta. Price is $165 per student. Tickets will be available later in the semester.
- Junior/Senior Prom: Saturday, June 3rd at The Wintergarden in downtown Rochester, NY. Tickets are $80 each, which includes a DJ, formal sit-down dinner, appetizers, desserts, and the best venue in the county. Tickets go on sale March 20th until May 5th, 2023.
- Graduation: Saturday, June 24th at the SUNY Brockport SERC. There are no tickets for the event, it is open to all family and friends of the lucky graduates. Time is TBD.
Save the Dates!
2023 Graduation Edition
Graduation Walk & Senior Checklist
June 9, 2023
Where: BHS Gym, Auditorium & Brockport Campus
When: 12:15 p.m. North gym; Aud. by 1 p.m.; Walk 1-2 p.m.
Parents welcome to park in Lot D and stand on sidewalk at 1 p.m. (map included)
Seniors will receive their pre-ordered cap, gown, tassel & regalia at this time.
June 22, 2023
Where: BHS & SERC
When: BHS at 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Bus will leave BHS at 10:45 a.m. to transport seniors to the SERC.
Students may not transport themselves to the SERC.
Do not bring cap & gown
June 24, 2023
Where: SUNY SERC
When: Students arrive at 7:30 a.m.
Ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m.
Park in Lot V & V-1 (map included)
Map of the Graduation Walk route throughout campus:
Map of parking for Graduation at the SERC:
We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2023!