- Brockport Central School District
TIES Program Coordinator
Brockport Central School District is pleased to announce an opportunity in our school district called TIES (Together Including Every Student).
TIES is a program that promotes the participation of children/young adults with developmental disabilities in extracurricular/community activities by providing effective support with trained student volunteers. TIES is currently being funded by a grant from Family Support Services. We are excited about this opportunity to provide additional support for students with developmental disabilities who may have been unable to participate in community activities.
We are currently seeking parent applicants for the part-time position of a TIES Coordinator for the District. The coordinator’s role is multi-faceted. Below is a list of the activities that the TIES Coordinator will help to facilitate.
- Share TIES’ program design and implementation with school and community leaders.
- Match participants with student volunteers and develop individual support plans.
- Provide support to the participant, volunteer, and the activity leader through telephone calls.
- Help to problem solve situations and assist with training.
- Evaluate the experience of each participant, volunteer, and activity leader.
- Attend regular meetings with the TIES program director to report progress.
For specific information regarding TIES, please go to: www.TIESProgram.org.
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of interest and resume to Paulette Reddick at the Brockport Central School District, 40 Allen Street, Brockport, NY 14420, by August 29, 2022. Interviews will be scheduled once we have reviewed applications.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please contact Paulette Reddick, Coordinator of Inclusive Education, or Kathy Costello, TIES Program Director, at (585) 414-5345. For more information - TIES Program - Starbridge - Disabilities - Education - Employment (starbridgeinc.org).