Safety & Security
Safety and security is a priority at BCSD. We have a strong personal and professional commitment to providing the BCSD community with an excellent school district safety and security program. Our school district security officers, hall monitors, greeters, student support members, along with excellent support staff, share in that commitment to the safety and security of everyone at Brockport Central School District.
Our mission is to provide a safe and welcoming environment to enhance the well-being of students, faculty, staff and visitors and protect all school district property. The Safety and Security Department collaborates with local law enforcement and community organizations in fulfilling its mission.
District-wide safety measures include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol district grounds, as well as response to calls for assistance 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
- Protect persons and property
- Patrol campus by vehicle and foot
- CCTV cameras recording 24/7
- Maximum staffing during evening hours and special events
- Rapid response to medical emergencies
- Assistance with minor car problems
- Enforcement of district parking regulations
- Investigate all crimes and incidents in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies
- Coordinates compliance with all health and safety inspections
- Staff Hall Monitors in all district school buildings for access control and safety patrols
- Safe School Tip Line
- Implementing general safety policies and procedures including the District-wide and Building Safety Plans
- Conducting accident/incident investigations on school property involving health and safety issues